Sunday, November 21, 2010

NATRAH

currently knew the whole story about Natrah a.k.a Maria Huberdina Hertogh. I get it nor from theater at Istana Budaya neither any public media. my grandmother told me the true events that occurred during that World War 2 and she was only seven. she totally knew about the riots cause my great-grandfather worked with British citizen at Singapore. every single words that came out from my grandma really blow my mind cause it's happened on her eyesight. the history is a part of history of Singapore series. this riot can be categorize as a meaningful history and strangely I was impressed with Natrah's story even I actually don't like any such fields that related to history at all. so I interviewed her frequently and she never be fed-up throughout the interview session and bring out my neglected seriously. this story quite interesting I guess. it's more catchy than the story of "anthousa, xanthousa, chrisomalousa" or "Ali Baba and the forty thieves" or "the prisoner of Zenda". it's significant for us to know as important as the nonsense we get about celebrities 24 hours a day from all corners. if you want to know circumstantial about Natrah's story, go and ask your grandparents. if you could'nt do so, just google it up.


Natrah with her adopted mother, Che Aminah




me : nek, who's Natrah?
nenek : dear, she was a larger-than-life character whose plight had caused riots in the 1950s. when the court decided to give custody of Natrah to her biological Dutch Catholic parents bla bla bla bla bla........


one hour 14 minutes 16 seconds later....

nenek : bla bla bla bla........and peoples injured and many properties damaged....ish ish ish...bla bla bla bla...
me : .............zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzz..........











-end-


























No comments:

Post a Comment